Wednesday, March 14, 2012

First DE appointment tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day that we have our first DE appointment with the DE coordinator at the hospital.  Emotions that I'm experiencing range from nervousness to excitement to fear.  But, through it all, I will have "The One" by my side, with his hand in mine, and we will experience this together.  Tonight, the USPS delivered a box with the book that I ordered from Amazon.com:  Having Your Baby Through Donor Eggs.  I'll be up all night pouring through it, highlighting the important areas as if I'm studying for a test. 

Found out yesterday that this constant lower left abdominal pain that I've been having is the result of two ovarian cysts--likely leftovers from the Clomid challenge. Ugh-no fun.  So grateful for the fabulous treatment that I received from the NP at the hospital.  It is amazing how important "bedside manner" is, particularly to a woman in a seriously fragile state.  The NP was so nice, and considerate of my feelings.  She actually rubbed my knee and said, "Are you ready dear" before inserting the vaginal wand.  And she said, with all seriousness, that it wasn't fair that I was 38 and had DOR.  Just her simple recognition of that fact made me feel so much better.  Thank god for NPs.  

 

1 comment:

  1. I love the two NPs over there. Especially one, who was super understanding during my first cancelled cycle.

    I'll be thinking of you today and anxious to hear how it went.

    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete